KAMLOOPS REAL ESTATE
HOME SELLER'S GUIDE: THE RIGHT PRICE
When you're selling your Kamloops home, the price you set is a critical factor in the return you'll receive. That's why you need a professional evaluation from an experienced REALTOR®. This person can provide you with an honest assessment of your home based on several factors, including market conditions, the current condition of your home, repairs or improvements needed the time frame it should ideally sell in. In real estate, market value is considered the price at which a particular house, in its current condition, will sell for within 30 to 90 days.
If the price of your home is too high, several things could happen:
- It limits buyers. Potential buyers may not even view your home simply because it would be out of their price range.
- It limits showings. Other salespeople may be less reluctant to view your home as well.
- It's used as leverage in negotiations. Other real estate agents may use this home to sell against homes that are better priced.
- It may result in an extended stay on the market. When a home is on the market too long, it may be perceived as defective. Buyers may wonder, "What's wrong with it?" or "Why hasn't this sold yet?"
- It can lower the overall price. An overpriced home still on the market beyond the average selling time could end up leading to a change in price. To sell it you'll have to reduce the price, sometimes more than once. In the end you'll probably get less for your home than if it had been properly priced from the start.
Real estate professionals like River City Realty have known for years that well-kept homes, properly priced in the beginning, always get you the fast sale for the best price and that's why you need a professional to assist you in the sale of your home!